Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What do you do?

Family reunions, Holiday parties, and Derby Day celebrations roll around and inevitably the small talk begins with "So, what are you doing these days?" That question is easily answered. It's the follow-up that I dread. "An Industrial Engineer!? So, what do you DO?"

Industrial Engineering encompasses a wide variety of jobs in many fields, but the common thread, in my opinion, is a focus on efficiency management and the art/science of making good decisions. That's probably not the most satisfying answer, so for all those family members and friends who are still wondering "What's Whitney do?", here's a video about IE work at Disney. Enjoy the geek-y goodness ;-)

1 comment:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

DANG!! What WON'T you be doing at Disney??

I think that every engineer should have a video to tell us dummies what they do. Whenever someone asks what Drew does I say, "He's an engineer...and that's about all I know." : )

You're job sounds like it's gonna be so awesome. Although, I think I'd still rather be a Disney Princess...or at least a Disney Villain. Maybe that bitty from Sleeping Beauty!

Maybe once you're there, YOU can do the IE videos!!

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!! ; )