Sunday, September 21, 2008

Installment Two: Diet a la Whitney

Started the day off right with yummy pancakes and blackberry syrup. Usually, I'm a maple syrup kinda gal, but Matt found this blackberry goodness at the local farmer's market. It's so heavenly.


Now, you'd think that meal would eat up all my calories for the day, but luckily it was only 586, leaving plenty of room for the salad recipe Katie and I discovered in the new issue of Domino magazine. Super simple, the salad consists of 2 pears (sauteed in olive oil), mixed greens, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. We added some pecans and freshly grated parmesan to make it even more fabulous. Mmm. 

1 comment:

Leaning Shanty Farm said...

I love salad.

And I love fruit.

But I do NOT enjoy the two together.

I'm glad you guys liked it, though!